We have scheduled this Santa Fe TradFest for August 24, 25, 26, 2018, at Camp Stoney on Old Santa Fe Trail. This is the weekend before Labor Day weekend, the usual dates for this annual affair.
Last year's Festival was held at Camp Stoney on August 25, 26, & 27, 2017 as a continuation of a 40+ year tradition. This TradFest was considered a very successful event by the attendees, musicians, volunteers, and the management of Camp Stoney.
The Santa Fe Traditional Music Festival provides a venue for playing, hearing, teaching, and sharing music with fans, friends, other musicians, and people seeking an enjoyable way to spend a weekend. It provides people of all ages and backgrounds an opportunity to hear music they might not hear anywhere else; to network and learn more about music and music-making; and to be part of a lively and enjoyable community event—one with a long history of bringing together old and new friends—in a new, beautiful, wooded setting, just 20 minutes from downtown Santa Fe [ 10 miles from the Santa Fe Plaza on the historic Old Santa Fe Trail and 8 miles from the I-25 Exit 284, Old Pecos Trail ].
We will have an exciting variety of performers, workshops, hosted and spontaneous jam sessions, free tent & RV camping, food vendors, and bunk bed rental (bring your own bedroll or sleeping bag).
Camp Stoney at 7855 Old Santa Fe Trail
Friday 5 PM to 10 PM
Saturday 9 AM to 10 PM
Sunday 9AM to 5 PM
· Performances: The festival will present a rich and diverse array of musical genres, including old-time string bands, bluegrass and traditional country music, northern New Mexico Hispanic fiddling, norteño, and conjunto, Celtic, Balkan, Klezmer, and others. Performers will be drawn primarily from New Mexico and surround states, with one or two nationally-known performance groups.
· Workshops will be offered by performers and master teachers in such areas as banjo, fiddle, guitar, mandolin, dulcimers, ukulele, and traditional dance styles,. Workshops are hands-one affairs, allowing participants to learn and play together.
· Jam sessions (hosted and spontaneous) : Camp Stoney offers many shady-filled common areas and camping areas that are conducive to jamming with performers and friends, with groups playing old-time, bluegrass, regional Hispanic music, and other genres throughout the day and into the night.
· Free tent and RV camping will be available in a variety of wooded and open areas. There are no RV hookups. Additionally, a large soccer field is available for tent camping (no vehicle access onto this field).
* Bunk Beds will be available in A Frame buildings There are 5 A Frame buildings with 12-14 bunk beds in each. Bring your own bedroll or sleeping bag.
* Food Vendors: Several vendors will be on site with a variety of foods.
* Full Facilities: In addition to the main building rest rooms, there are two bath houses (men's & women's) with four shower stalls, four toilet stalls and four sinks in each, and several porta-potties.